Serves 4 to 5
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 pound of flank or skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 each – seeded and thinly sliced red and green bell peppers
- 1 peeled and thinly sliced yellow onion
- 6 quartered tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 peeled and seeded avocados
- Dutch Farms Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Dutch Farms Sour Cream
- lime wedges, cilantro and sliced green onions for garnish
- 12 flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450° and the grill to high heat (450° to 550°).
- Steak: In a small bowl mix together the spices and salt until combined.
- Next, coat the steak on both sides with the olive oil and then coat it on all sides with the spice blend. Note: there may be some of the spice blend leftover.
- Place the steak on the hot grill and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side for a medium-rare internal temperature or until grill marks are formed and the desired internal temperature is achieved. Rest the steak for 2 to 3 minutes before thinly slicing it against the grain.
- Coat the peppers, onions and tomatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper and spread out on a sheet tray. Cook in the oven at 450° for 18 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- To Plate: Place a small amount of the sliced steak and roasted peppers and onions on a flour tortilla. Top off with sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and garnishes.
- Serve hot!