- 4 Dutch Farms eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Green food coloring
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces unsalted Dutch Farms butter, softened
- 4 ounces Dutch Farms cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in oil, buttermilk and extract until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry mixture to the egg mixture until everything is combined. Add in several (we used about 10) drops of green food coloring until you reach the shade of green of your choice.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and place batter in each of them, until 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until springy in the center. Cool completely before frosting
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Place the frosting in a pastry bag with a piping tip and frost to your liking. Top with green sprinkles.