Makes 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of melted unsalted Dutch Farms Butter
- 3 Dutch Farms Eggs
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ¼ cup of Dutch Farm’s Sour Cream
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups of fresh raspberries + more for garnish
- ½ cup of sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 8 ounces of Dutch Farms Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of Dutch Farms Unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- sliced lemons for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk, sour cream, lemon juice and zest until combined and then mix in the sifted dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter to a 12-count muffin pan and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until firm in the center. Completely cool to room temperature.
- In a small pot over medium heat, cook together the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice for 10 to 12 minutes or until it becomes very thick, like jam.
- Strain the mixture into a container and cool in the refrigerator until cold.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment and whip on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in the strained chilled raspberry sauce until the frosting becomes pink. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag.
- Ice each cupcake and top off with a fresh raspberry and lemon slice.