- 4 ounces of melted bittersweet chocolate
- 12 small pretzel sticks
- 6 tablespoons of Dutch Farms Unsalted butter
- 2 bags of large marshmallows
- 24 drops of yellow food coloring and 8 drops of red food coloring
- 12 cups of rice krispies
- optional green decorating icing
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 30 more seconds and then it should be melted.
- Next, submerge the pretzel sticks into the chocolate and set aside spread out on a piece of parchment paper until the chocolate has hardened.
- Next, add the butter to a large pot over medium heat until melted.
- Stir in the marshmallows and turn the heat down to low while constantly stirring until the marshmallows are melted.
- Mix in the food colorings until combined and then add in the rice krispie cereal.
- Mix until completely combined and then take a large handful and form it together until it is the shape of a pumpkin. Note: let the mixture cool for a 1 to 2 minute before forming them. Dip your hands in water before forming them. Try letting them sit in a muffin tin to help form.
- Add the chocolate dipped pretzel sticks into the center of the pumpkin rice krispie treat and add on optional green icing for leaves.