Makes 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup softened unsalted Dutch Farms Butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Dutch Farms eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- assorted chocolate chips and sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time until mixed and then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll cookie dough into 2 Tbs balls and place 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheets. The dough will yield about 24 cookies.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the edges of the cookie are slightly browned and the center is still slightly soft. Cool to room temperature before making your ice cream sandwiches.
- Once cooled, scoop 1/2 cup chocolate or vanilla ice cream between two cookies to make a sandwich.
- Roll the edges of the sandwich in optional assorted chocolate chips or sprinkles. Repeat and serve.