Makes: 1 Gallon of Soup
- 6 slices of chopped Dutch Farms Bacon
- 2 peeled and sliced yellow onions
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 peeled and roughly chopped russet potatoes
- 3 peeled and roughly chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 10 peeled and chopped small red potatoes
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Dutch Farms shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Dutch Farms sour cream for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat add in the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside.
Add the onions and garlic to the same pot and cook in the bacon fat for 30 minutes over low heat or until caramelized.
- Once browned add in the potatoes and stock and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a hand blender puree until smooth and finish with cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with crispy chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.