Serves 8 to 10
- 1 ½ pounds of loose chorizo sausage
- 2 cups of corn kernels
- 1 ½ pounds of Dutch Farms Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 15-ounce cans of drained black beans
- 4 small diced tomatoes
- 1 small diced jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 4 cups of shredded Dutch Farms Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup of sliced green onions
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 peeled and seeded medium diced avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a 10” cast iron skillet on medium-high heat cook the chorizo until it is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat cook the corn kernels until they are done, about 4 minutes, and set aside.
- Next, spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the pan until is coated.
Layer on top the cooked chorizo, cooked corn kernels, black beans, 3 diced tomatoes, 1 diced jalapeño, season with salt and pepper, and evenly sprinkle on the cheese making sure to cover everything.
- Bake in the oven on 375° for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Garnish with remaining diced tomato, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro and sliced avocado.