- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened unsalted Dutch Farms butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 block (8 ounces) Dutch Farms cream cheese
- 2 sticks softened unsalted Dutch Farms butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup pureed strawberries with 1 tablespoon of water
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- chocolate sauce for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cupcakes: Add the butter and sugar to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment and whip on high speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and then 1 egg at a time until completely mixed in.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients with the mix beginning and ending with the dry ingredients until mixed in.
- Evenly distribute the batter between 12 cupcake inserts and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cooked throughout. Cool completely.
- Frosting: Add the ingredients to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed and whip for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes using a piping bag and tip and garnish with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce.