- 6 strips Dutch Farms Bacon, sliced
- 2 8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 peeled and thinly sliced carrots
- 2 stalks thinly sliced celery
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Dutch Farms shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your slow cooker to the sauté function.
- Once hot, add in the bacon and cook until it becomes crispy.
- Remove the crisp cooked bacon and add in the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on each side, about 5- 6 minutes per side.
- Next, add in the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and chicken stock and turn the slow cooker to high heat and cook for 3 hours.
- Add in the rice and cook for 1 more hour.
- Add in the half and half, parsley, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Serve with crisp cooked bacon and shredded cheddar on top