- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, strained
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 48 ounces of chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons each of dry oregano, ground cumin and chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with Dutch Farms Sour Cream and Dutch Farms Mexican Cheese Blend
- Optional tortilla chips, fried corn tortilla strips, lime and avocado
- In a large pot over medium heat add in the oil and cook the onions and garlic until lightly browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Next, add in the chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, paste, chicken stock, oregano, cumin and chili powder and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with tortilla chips, Dutch Farms Sour Cream and Dutch Farms Mexican Cheese Blend, and optional garnishes.