- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 7 peeled and grated carrots
- 1½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1¾ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 4 Dutch Farms® large eggs
- 1 cup of Dutch Farms® vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
BUTTER CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounces of softened Dutch Farms® cream cheese
- 1 pound of softened Dutch Farms® unsalted butter
- 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- orange and green icing for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined. Fold in the shredded carrots and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, yogurt and oil until combined and add it to the flour-carrot mixture and combine until completely mixed together.
- Divide the batter by pouring it into each buttered and floured 8 inch round cake pan and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until browned on top and the center does not giggle.
- Remove from the oven and completely cool on a rack for 1 hour and remove from the pan.
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment add in the cream cheese and butter and whip on high until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Next add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- To finish, frost each layer of cake and stack on top of one another and ice the sides.
- Garnish by making carrots out of the orange and green frosting.