Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 Large Dutch Farms eggs
- 8oz Dutch Farms cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick Dutch Farms butter, softened
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 bag egg- shaped candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine carrots, raisins, eggs and oil. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease muffin tins, and fill to 2/3 full. Bake 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown and springy.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Toast coconut in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until coconut begins to brown.
- To make frosting: blend cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until frosting holds its shape.
- Transfer to plastic bag or piping bag with ½ inch tip.
- With frosting in piping bag, make a thick ring of frosting along the outer edge of the cupcake – not too close to the edge.
- Sprinkle the frosting with toasted coconut, covering the sides and leaving the middle of the “nest” clear.
- Put a dime-sized dot of frosting in the middle of the nest to use as glue for the eggs.
- Place candy eggs in the center of the cupcake.
- Repeat for all cupcakes & enjoy!