Makes 1 pie
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cup of Dutch Farms unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ cup of ice cold water
- 1 Dutch Farms Egg yolk, whisked with 1 tablespoon of milk
- 4 cups of sliced strawberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 cups of blueberries
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- ½ cup of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Dough: Add the flour, butter, salt and sugar to a food processor and process on high until the butter is the size of rice. Slowly add the water until the dough becomes mealy.
- Split the dough in half and chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Next roll out 1 of the doughs until it is about 1/8” thick and place it over a pie tin. Pinch the edges to form a decorative wavy outside shell. Brush with the whisked egg yolk and place back in the refrigerator.
- Filling: In a medium size bowl toss together the strawberries, lemon juice, corn starch and sugar until combined and place it in ¾ of the chilled pie crust.
- In a separate medium size bowl combine the blueberries, lemon juice, corn starch and sugar until combined and add it to the remaining ¼ of the pie shell.
- Bake in the oven at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is browned and the filling is soft and thick.
- Top off the pie with the stars over the blueberries and the stripes over the strawberries.
- Serve & Enjoy!