Makes 16 scones
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick cold Dutch Farms Unsalted Butter, shredded
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Dutch Farms Large Eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces Dutch Farms Cream Cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Add the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and salt to a stand mixer with the hook attachment and mix on low speed until combined.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the eggs and buttermilk until combined and pour the mixture into the stand mixer and mix on low speed until a soft dough has been created.
- Transfer the dough to a clean surface that has been dusted with flour.
- Add the blueberries to the top of the dough and gently knead them in until combined.
- Form a large circle from the dough using your hands and/or a rolling pin and cut the dough into 16 triangles.
- Transfer the triangles to a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 375° for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cooked through.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until it becomes smooth and slightly runny. May need to add in more milk to get the consistency right.
- Drizzle the cream cheese glaze over top of the cooled scones and serve.