PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of flour + more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 8 ounces of cold Dutch Farms Butter cut into small chunks
- 4 ounces of ice cold water
APPLE PIE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 peeled, cored and sliced Granny Smith apples
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 6 ounces of cold Dutch Farms Butter cut into small chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- For the crust: Add the flour, sugar and butter to a food processor and pulse until the butter is the size of rice.
- Slowly drizzle in the water until the dough combines together.
- Dust a dry surface with flour and place the dough and roll out until it is ¼” thick.
- Place the dough into a buttered and floured 9” inch pie pan. Trim any excess dough and form it to the pan.
- For the apple pie: Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl until completely mixed together and pour it into the pie dough shell pan.
- For the topping: Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the butter is the size of rice and the mixture becomes combined.
- Evenly spread the topping all over the apples.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake on 375° for 50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.