DUTCH FARMS White Chocolate cheese ball
By: Katerina Petrovska | Diethood
Serves 10 to 14
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 package (8 ounces) Dutch Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature (You can use either, the Original Cream Cheese or ⅓ Less Fat Cream Cheese – Fat Free Cream Cheese does not hold up very well.)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼-cup powdered sugar
- ¾-cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/4 cup chopped nuts, divided (I used walnuts, but you can use whatever nuts you like)
- graham crackers
- assorted fruits
- Line a plate with a long piece of plastic wrap and set aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and powdered sugar; beat until creamy and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- *Add melted chocolateand ¼-cup chopped walnuts; continue to beat until thoroughly incorporated. (see NOTES for melting white chocolate)
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape out the mixture and transfer it to the previously prepared plate lined with plastic wrap.
- Working with the plastic wrap, wrap and shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball. (see NOTES)
- Place the cheeseball in the freezer for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until cold and firm, but NOT frozen.
- Put the remaining chopped nuts on a plate.
- Remove the cheese ball from the freezer and carefully unwrap.
- Roll the cheeseball in the chopped nuts.
- Place on a serving plate and serve with graham crackers, cookies, fruits, etc.
*Best method to melt white chocolate chips is to place them in a microwave-safe bowl, mix in a tablespoon of vegetable oil, and microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds. Remove and stir until completely melted.
**You can continue shaping the ball while it’s in the freezer; about every 45 minutes.