DUTCH FARMS thumbprint cookies
Makes 36 Cookies
- 1 cup of soft Dutch Farms unsalted butter
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 3 Dutch Farms egg yolks
- 3 Dutch Farms egg whites
- 1 /12 teaspoons of vanilla
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ½ cups of flour
JAMS & NUTS:
- 6 ounces of orange jam or marmalade
- ½ cup of finely minced pistachios
- 6 ounces of apricot jam or marmalade
- ½ cup of finely minced almonds
- 6 ounces of raspberry jam or marmalade
- ½ cup of finely minced pecans
- orange and pistachios
- apricot and almonds
- raspberry and pecan
- In a standing mixer or large bowl, whisk the butter for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the sugar until combined and then add in 1 egg yolk at a time until each one is completely mixed in.
- Add in the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and then add in the flour 1/3 of the total amount at a time until completely combined.
- Once mixed cover and place in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- After they are done chilling roll the dough into 1 inch sized balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Once the balls have been rolled out whisk the egg whites together in a small bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute and brush each ball with a small amount of the whipped egg whites.
- Next, sprinkle any of the variations of nuts all over each egg white glazed ball and press into the center with your thumb to make a well.
- Finish by adding a small amount of jam/marmalade in to the well and bake in the oven on 350° for 22 to 26 minutes or until the outside of the cookie starts to slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies completely cool on a rack before serving (12 to 20 minutes).