DUTCH FARMS sweet potato pie
Makes 1 Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 3 cups of cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 ounces of Dutch Farms unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 Dutch Farms eggs
- 2 Dutch Farms egg whites
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 7-ounce jar of marshmallow creme
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is 1/8” inches thick and lay it over a 9” pie pan
- Form the dough around the outside of the pan by overlapping it.
- In a bowl combine together the mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and eggs.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture into the pie dough pan and bake it in the oven at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Add the egg whites and sugar to a standing mixer with the whisk attachment and whip until soft peaks are formed or in a bowl using a hand mixer.
- Slowly add in the marshmallow fluff and whisk on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Top off the cooked pie with the marshmallow meringue and bake in the oven at 375° for 20 minutes or until it becomes lightly browned.
- COOL completely before serving.