DUTCH FARMS red velvet pancakes with maple cream cheese
Makes 8 Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 large Dutch Farms egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of red food coloring
- ¼ cup of melted unsalted Dutch Farms butter
MAPLE CREAM CHEESE INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounces of Dutch Farms cream cheese
- ½ cup of unsalted Dutch Farms butter
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- Batter: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and sugar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, vinegar, eggs, food coloring and butter until combined and pour it into the dry ingredients bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat a small amount of butter over medium heat in a large frying pan or griddle and ladle 2 to 3 ounces of the batter onto the pan or griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until several bubbles break the surface. Turn the pancake over and finish cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat the process until all of the batter has been used.
- Maple Cream Cheese: In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed, mix together the cream cheese and butter until it becomes light and fluffy, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add in the milk and syrup until it is mixed in and easily spreadable.
- Top the pancakes off with the maple cream cheese & enjoy!