DUTCH FARMS raspberry cream cheese coffee cake
By: Katerina Petrovska from Diethood
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons Dutch Farms butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large Dutch Farms eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Dutch Farms Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 ounces Dutch Farms Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar
- Dutch Farms whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly coat a 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest; set aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl, combine butter and ¾-cup sugar; beat on medium speed until creamy and thoroughly combined.
- Add in the eggs, one by one, beating until well blended.
- Add vanilla and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Alternately add in the flour mixture and yogurt, beating just until combined.
- Pour batter into previously prepared pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining sugar and Neufchatel cheese; beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the egg white; beat on high for 2 minutes, or until mixture is combined and doubled in size.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle fresh raspberries over the cake.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If cake starts to brown on top a bit too soon, tent it loosely with foil.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool in baking pan.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Cut and serve with whipped topping.