Peach Upside Down Cake
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PEACHES:
- 4 peeled, pitted and thickly sliced fresh yellow peaches
- 1 cup of loosely packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of soft unsalted Dutch Farms butter
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 sticks of soft unsalted Dutch Farms butter
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of whole milk
- 3 large Dutch Farms Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Peaches: Melt the butter over low heat in a medium sized saute pan and whisk in the brown sugar until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured 8 inch cake pan (2 inch deep) and evenly layer/fan the peaches until they are used up. Set the pan aside.
- Cake: In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar. Once it is whipped add in the vanilla and eggs one at a time. Stop and scrape in between eggs.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt until combined and add it to the creamed butter-sugar mixture alternating with the milk. Alternate with the milk beginning with the dry ingredients and ending with the dry ingredients. Stop and scrap often.
- Pour the cake batter over top of the peaches in the prepared cake pan and bake at 350° for 70 to 80 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 20 minutes before flipping it over onto your serving dish.