DUTCH FARMS peach bars
SHORTBREAD CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup Dutch Farms unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
PEACH FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large Dutch Farms eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch Farms unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (149°C). Line the bottom and sides of an 9X13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving enough overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Stir the melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the flour and stir until everything is combined. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and turn the oven up to 350°F
- Make the streusel: Whisk the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans (optional), and flour together in a medium bowl. Cut in the chilled butter with a pastry blender or two forks (or even with your hands) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make the filling: Whisk the egg and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and salt. Whisk until combined. Fold in the peaches.
- Pour filling over the shortbread crust and sprinkle with streusel topping, evenly covering the entire pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours before cutting into squares.
- Make the vanilla glaze: Using a fork or spoon, whisk/stir the confectioners’ sugar, cream, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Drizzle over each square. Store bars tightly covered in the refrigerator.