DUTCH FARMS Patriotic flag cheesecake
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 stick of cut up cold Dutch Farms unsalted butter
- 2 pounds of Dutch Farms cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 5 large Dutch Farms eggs
- 1 cup of Dutch Farms sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of whole milk
- 2 cups of Dutch Farms whipped cream
- blueberries for garnish
- sliced strawberries for garnish
- sliced bananas for garnish
- Crust: In a food processor add in the graham crackers, butter and sugar and process until and pulse until it is incorporated and becomes packed in
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a spring form pan lined with a parchment paper round and press down using the back side of a spoon to pack in the pan. Wrap the outside of the spring form pan in foil and place it in large pan and set aside.
- Cake: In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment whip the cream cheese until it becomes light and fluffy while stopping every few minutes to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Next, add in the sugar and vanilla, and continue to whip until it is completely incorporated (about 5 minutes) while continuing to stop and scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl again before adding in 1 egg at a time until completely incorporated.
- Mix in the sour cream and whole milk and stop and scrape the bowl.
- After all is incorporated pour the cheesecake batter into the spring form pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Place a large pan in the oven on a rack and slightly pull it out to fill the larger pan up with hot water so that it comes up the the 1/2 way point of the spring form pan.
- Place the pans in the oven and bake at 350° for 90 minutes. Once it is done, turn the oven off and crack the oven door and let the cake cool to room temperature in the oven.
- Once the cake is to room temperature, remove the springform pan and completely cool it in the refrigerator over night. Garnish with whipped cream and berries and bananas.