DUTCH FARMS Low FAT CHICKEN STROGANOFF
- 2 pints of sliced button mushrooms
- 2 gilled and sliced portabella mushrooms
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- 2 clove of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 cups of beef stock
- ½ cup of Low Fat Dutch Farms® cream cheese
- ½ cup of Low Fat Dutch Farms® sour cream
- ¾ cup of boiled and cooked corn
- ¾ cup of boiled and cooked peas
- ¾ cup of boiled and cooked sliced carrots
- ¾ cup of boiled and cooked broccoli
- 1 pound of boiled and cooked whole wheat egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on high heat add in the olive oil and saute the mushrooms, onions, and garlic until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, add in the chicken and saute until it is completely cooked through.
- Sprinkle on the flour and mix it in completely, followed by adding in the beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce becomes very thick, whisk in the ½ cup of Low Fat Dutch Farms® cream cheese and ½ cup of Low Fat Dutch Farms® sour cream and season with salt and pepper, turn the heat to low.
- Once the vegetables are par-boiled fold them into the thickened creamy sauce.
- To serve, pour a small amount of the vegetable and chicken stroganoff over some cooked wheat noodles.