DUTCH FARMS cream of potato soup
Makes: 1 Gallon of Soup
- 6 slices of chopped Dutch Farms Bacon
- 2 peeled and sliced yellow onions
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 peeled and roughly chopped russet potatoes
- 3 peeled and roughly chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 10 peeled and chopped small red potatoes
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Dutch Farms shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Dutch Farms sour cream for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat add in the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the same pot and cook in the bacon fat for 30 minutes over low heat or until caramelized.
- Once browned add in the potatoes and stock and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a hand blender puree until smooth and finish with cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with crispy chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.