DUTCH FARMS Chocolate peanut butter candies
- ¼ cup Dutch Farms cream cheese
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 10 tbsp. Dutch Farms (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 12 ounces good quality dark chocolate (62% cacoa or over), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the graham cracker crumbs and beat on medium speed for 10 seconds. Add the confectioners’ sugar and butter. Beat at low speed for 20 seconds to prevent the sugar from spilling over, and then gradually increase the speed until the mixture is completely combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat again. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler set over hot water, melt the chocolate, stirring frequently until it is completely smooth. Pour the chocolate into a small, deep bowl. Let cool to tepid (about 100ºF) while you shape the peanut butter balls.
Assemble the candies
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon’s worth of filling and use your hands to form it into a ball. Place the ball on the prepared sheet pan and repeat the process until all the filling has been shaped.
- One by one, dip each ball into the chocolate. Roll the ball around from side to side to cover almost the entire peanut Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl and return each chocolate-covered ball to the pan. If using, roll balls in chopped pecans. Refrigerate the entire sheet pan for about 30 minutes