DUTCH FARMS easy cheese & Vegetable pizza
Makes 1 Large Pizza
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 16 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 ounce can of tomato paste
- ¼ small diced yellow onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dry basil
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE PIZZA:
- 1 large ready to bake pizza crust + flour for rolling
- ½ thinly sliced yellow squash
- ½ thinly sliced green zucchini
- 1 large thinly sliced button mushroom
- ¼ thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup of Dutch Farms shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of Dutch Farms shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 500°.
- Sauce: In a medium sized pot on high heat with olive oil add in the onions and garlic and brown. Once brown add in the tomatoes, oregano and basil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Thicken with the tomato paste and set aside.
- On a clean surface dusted with flour, roll out the pizza crust until it is large and ½ inch thick.
- Top the rolled out pizza crust with a small amount of the tomato sauce and spread it around evenly making sure to leave a ½ inch gap around the outside.
- Sprinkle on both cheeses to cover the tomato sauce.
- Next, evenly spread and layer on the sliced vegetables all over the top of the cheese and drizzle on some olive oil to help brown.
- Bake the pizza on a sheet pan or pizza stone for 10 to 12 minutes. Be sure and rotate the pizza after 5 to 6 minutes so that it cooks evenly.
- Slice and serve hot, enjoy!