DUTCH FARMS Caramel Chex
- 2 cups of Dutch Farms® butter
- 2 small boxes of Chex Cereal
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup Light Karo syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Optional: candy of your choice!
- Melt the 2 cups of Dutch Farms® butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla and Light Karo syrup to the sauce pan and stir.
- Put the cereal in a large bowl, or two if it doesn’t all fit in one.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the cereal and stir coating all of the cereal.
- You will then take the mixture and pour into a brown paper bag.
- Take the paper bag of Caramel Chex mix and microwave for 1-2 minutes and shake.
- Microwave again for 1 more minute and shake.
- Then take the Caramel Chex and spread onto wax paper and let cool.
- The mixture may clump together but once it cools you can break it apart and it is ready to eat!
- Once the Caramel Chex is cooled you can mix in your favorite candy as well. We chose candy corn for our fall goodie bags!