DUTCH FARMS Blueberry Cheesecake
Stuffed French Toast
By: Gayle Bialas from Pumkin ‘N Spice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (8 ounce) block Dutch Farms cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTS:
- 4 Dutch Farms eggs
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices thick bread, such as Texas toast
- 3 tablespoons unsalted Dutch Farms butter
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla extract and blueberry preserves. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large griddle or skillet, heat butter until melted.
- Take one slice of bread and dip into egg mixture, making sure to coat the entire slice. Remove bread from bowl and place onto buttered griddle.
- Cook bread for 3-4 minutes per side, or until bread is golden and crisp. Remove to another plate.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Once French toast is cooked, spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto 4 slices of French toast.
- Take remaining four slices of bread and lay on top of cream cheese French toast.
- Cut diagonally and serve with syrup and blueberries, if desired.