DUTCH FARMS Barbecue chicken
Submitted By: Gayle Bialis from Pumkin ‘N Spice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 flat pita breads
2 cups shredded chicken
1/4 cup barbecue sauce, plus 8 tablespoons, divided
2 cups shredded Dutch Farms Mozzarella cheese
Fresh cilantro for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken and 1/4 cup barbecue until combined. Set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce onto each pita.
- Top with a thin layer of Mozzarella cheese, followed by the barbecue sauce, more cheese, and red onions. Repeat with each pita.
- Place each pita on a large baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices.
- Serve immediately.