Basic Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich
(Submitted by the Egg Sandwich Guy)
- 2 kaiser rolls
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ketchup (optional)
- Add bacon to an unheated frying pan, turn heat to medium, and cook, flipping occasionally, to desired doneness, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Slice open the kaiser rolls and place a slice of cheese on the bottom half of each one
- Heat another frying pan on medium high for about 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp butter, and wait until it’s melted. Swirl it around until the bubbles just begin subsiding.
- Crack 3 eggs on the counter (not against the edge of anything) and add them to the pan. Cook undisturbed for about 30 seconds. Break the yolks with your spatula and distribute the yellows over those beautiful bubbling whites. Cook it for about a minute and then flip it. Add the pepper and small dash of salt, then place a slice of cheese immediately atop the eggs. Flip again for exactly 8 seconds so the cheese melts a bit but doesn’t stick to the pan too much. Flip again and add a slice of cheese to the other side. Flip one more time for about 6 seconds, then place the eggs on the roll. Add the bacon to the sandwich and the optional ketchup. Slice it in half and enjoy.
- Repeat steps 3 through 4 for other sandwich.
(I encourage variety. Play with the recipe, add and subtract stuff you love. Just respect the egg sandwich. It’s very important.)
– Egg Sandwich Guy